The first posthumous album by DMX ‘Exodus’ is finally out.
The highly-anticipated project is a pure celebration of the entire hip-hop culture. The 13-tracks album was recorded before the tragic death of the late, legendary rapper, who passed away back in April.
To continue the legacy of one of the greatest to ever do it, Swizz Beatz made the final touches of the album and as promised, Def Jam has dropped the full-length project today (May 28).
Despite the masterpiece provided by DMX, the list of features on his 8th studio album is also something impressive. While he was still alive, X revealed some of them like the Griselda boys and Pop Smoke. While we already had the chance to hear the collaborative track with Griselda, there’s no information on why there is no Pop Smoke appearance in the project.
Nas, Jay-Z (both in one track), Lil Wayne, The LOX, Moneybagg Yo, Snoop Dogg, Alicia Keys, and Bono among others are also contributing to the project.
Another interesting feature is the one of DMX’s son Exodus Simmons in the track “Walking In The Rain”.
For the production of Exodus, Swizz Beatz had the main role in every song of the album. In some of the tracks, Swizz was accompanied by Araab Music and Avenue Beatz among others.
Check out the posthumous DMX album Exodus below via Spotify or Apple Music.
- That’s My Dog (feat. The LOX & Swizz Beatz)
- Bath Salts (feat. Jay-Z & Nas)
- Dogs Out (feat. Lil Wayne & Swizz Beatz)
- Money Money Money (feat. Moneybagg Yo)
- Hold Me Down (feat. Alicia Keys)
- Skyscrapers (feat. Bono)
- Stick Up Skit (feat. Cross, Infrared & Ice Pick)
- Hood Blues (feat. Conway The Machine, Westside Gunn & Benny The Butcher)
- Take Control (feat. Snoop Dogg)
- Walking In The Rain (feat. Exodus Simmons, Nas & Denaun)
- Exodus Skit
- Letter To My Son (Call Your Father) (feat. Usher & brian King Joseph)
- Release Date: May 28, 2021
- Record Label: Def Jam Recordings
- Length: 39 min 47 sec